Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"Hut" eye mommy

Well Joshua has been, shall we say, clumsy to say the least these days. Right before leaving from KY back to SC he tripped up the stairs banged his chin on his cars and bit his tongue on both sides. After nursing it with some fun blue ice from Nanny's house all was well. The very next night, however, back in SC he was running through the kitchen, wiped out and hit his eye on a plastic storage container. No big deal you say? Well let's just say that with everything else that has gone on and my hormonal, emotional roller coaster when I got Joshua up the next morning and he tried to look up at me with his one swollen eye and said "hut" eye mommy, I couldn't keep the river from flowing. I took a picture to prove the need for sympathy and of course just a couple days later his eye has perfectly healed and all is well.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh my goodness. Bless his heart.

Anonymous said...

What a Shiner! He will love that picture when he gets older. My son has a picture with his black-eye when he was 5 yrs old and at 18 he still thinks it's the greatest picture ever.